The answers to all of the following questions can be
found somewhere in the
Career Guide. Your task? Find them!
1. True or False: Three out of four workers stay in
the same field for most of
2. The 2004 annual average wage in Pennsylvania
for a Special Education
Teacher is _____________.
3. Which of these jobs are considered “hot”
jobs, and which are in decline?
a. Data Entry Keyers; b. Welders; c. Home Health Aides;
Assemblers; e. Registered Nurses; f. Cashiers; g. Auditing
4. What is job shadowing?
5. What is the purpose of a cover letter? ___________________________
6. During which high school year should you take your
PSATs, ACTs and/or
7. ______% of all jobs are found through direct contact
with employers and
leads from people you know. _____% of jobs found are
from the classified
ads. ______% of jobs are found through employment agencies.
8. Explain the difference between an “industry”
and an “occupation”.
9. Name five components of most resumes: __________________________
10. An estimated _____ percent of jobs require the
knowledge of applied
mathematics, reading for information, and locating