General Survey Assessment to get you thinking...
- What were your favorite classes in school and why?
- What were your least favorite classes at school and why?
- What are your favorite activities (interests, hobbies, crafts, ways to spend time and energy)? For each
activity you list, note the things you enjoy about it and the things you enjoy in yourself when you do it.
- How do you actually spend your spare time?
- What are your strengths? What are you naturally good at or what do you do particularly well?
- What are your skills? What can you do?
- What are your weak areas? What things do you find more challenging than others?
- What do you hope to accomplish in your life (e.g. dreams, goals, aspirations)?
- What type of work values do you consider important (e.g. security, variety, advancement, integrity, helping
- In what ways do you hope work will be satisfying? Why do you want to work?
- What is your definition of success?
- What are your current preferred career areas or job types? For each of the areas, make notes about what interests
you about those jobs/career areas. Do you really understand what is involved in this type of work? How did you find out about
this area of work? Have you researched other areas as thoroughly?
- What are my immediate goals? What do I hope to achieve in the next 3 months, 12 months, 3 years, 5 years?
Are your immediate goals taking you towards your long term goals?
Back to Career Exploration