Review Your Personal Strengths and Achievements
Review what you have compiled so far. Your lists of courses,
school activities, outside activities and work experience. Then make a list in each category of what you consider to be your
high points or strengths.
- getting an 'A' in chemistry
- learning a difficult computer program
- creating your own interactive web page
- winning a trophy in tennis
- running a successful campaign to be voted school captain
- playing guitar in a band
- designing an outrageous costume for a fancy dress party
- being voted 'favorite peer tutor' at a camp for kids
- being named 'employee of the month'
Come up with five or six examples and describe each more fully. In simple terms, try to explain:
- what you did
- with whom
- what equipment you used
- why the experience was so memorable or satisfying
Once you have completed this, put it away. After a few days, you will be ready to look at it with a fresh perspective,
and be better able to recognise patterns of interest, skills and values.
Back to Career Exploration